The following is a list of LCCDTS accomplishments. As LCCDTS working committees are dynamic entities, some listed below may have fulfilled their goal or evolved into new committees. To learn more about any of the LCCDTS working groups please visit our Who We Are page.
- Created the Lower Columbia Affordable Housing Society, which currently operates 10 affordable housing units in the LCR.
- Created an LCR Attainable Housing Needs Assessment and LCR Attainable Housing Strategic Plan.
- Hosted May 2009 Attainable Housing Forum for policy makers and programming and delivery agencies.
- Formed in late 2008 to address newly surfacing attainable housing needs.
- Columbia River Mural-Cominco Memorial Arena
- Expanded BC rivers day
Health and Hospital
Health and Hospital
- Help Raised $785,000 to construct heliport at KBRH. Broke ground March 11, 2010.
- Commissioned detailed design drawings for heliport at KBRH.
- Commissioned feasibility study for heliport at KBRH.
- Website KBRH.ca.
- Economic Development Grant application made to the Municipal Rural Infrastructure Fund for the second access.
- Mobile MRI.
Energy & Sustainability
Energy & Sustainability
- Community survey.
- Scenario planning for the region and community consultation. - incorporated into Rossland planning.
- Mindset campaign - Build awareness of successful community entrepreneurship.
- $100,000 commitment from local municipalities and a 2 year plan.
- 2 million in facility upgrades arts and culture literacy sports and hosting funding Olympic Legacies Partner 2010 Olympics. Spirit of BC West Kootenay Boundary Committee Initiative
- Partnerships with TourismBC, Kootenay Rockies Tourism, Tourism Rossland and Greater Trail Chamber of Commerce creating a more unified approach to tourism and marketing
- Marketing through signage, advertising and numerous tradeshow.
- Creation of web-based promotion tools such as One Day Theme Tour website complete with QR code access.
- Sports Tourism promotion through a one-stop facility inventory website for groups involved in planning of tournaments and events.
- Continuous monitoring of market trends to ensure ongoing promotion opportunities have been accessed whenever possible.
- Partnered with the LCIC to launch the Metal Tech Alley marketing campaign, highlighting the Lower Columbia region as leaders in Advanced Materials/Metallurgy, Technology and Innovation, and Recycling/Circular Economy.
- Led the strategy that KAST undertook to bring the Metallurgical Industrial Development Acceleration and Studies (MIDAS) Centre to life. MIDAS is an applied research, commercialization and digital fabrication training facility in Trail focused on the metallurgical sector that exists in the region.
- Created the Metals Map that resides on the metaltechalley.com website and shows the location of a variety of metals-linked companies. This locator map includes company specific information and links to their websites.
- Funding by Industry Canada of Bio Mass study
- Refined business ideas list based around Teck Trail Operations opportunities.
- Critical analysis of the regional metallurgical cluster of businesses and support organizations.
- Business Support for CO-OP programs.
- Created WorkWestKootenay.com, a free service that connected workers to key employers in the region and highlighted the benefits and affordability of living in the West Kootenay region. Work West Kootenay has since merged with Invest Kootenay to create the dynamic ImagineKootenay.com platform, which showcases the Kootenays as a great place to work, invest, and live.
- Created lccdt.com, kbrhHeliport.ca, attainablehousing.ca - to strengthen LCCDTS committee visibility.
- Welcoming Communities project to encourage & increase retention of the in-migrant workforce.
- Skills Centre job board.
- Immigration Pilot project to attract investment in the region.
- Created southkootenay.com - used by employers and others to promote the regions livability.
- Vice Chair on Pacific Northwest task force - Seniors in the work force mentoring and training the younger workforce.
- Spousal employment opportunity referral network.
- Attracted Pacific Coastal Airlines - 2 flights/day Trail-Vancouver.
- Received BC Aviation Council recognition for most improved airport award.
- Upgraded facilities including runway strobe lights at each end of runway, fuel facilities, runway de-icing equipment and approved southern approach.
- Significant increase to medi-vac flights.
- 2 million in facility upgrades arts and culture literacy sports and hosting funding Olympic Legacies Partner 2010 Olympics. Spirit of BC West Kootenay Boundary Committee Initiative.
- Created web-based promotion tools such as One Day Theme Tour website complete with QR code access.
- Low elevation Study on both sides of the border favouring Waneta crossing.
- NS border conference 2005.
- Motion at PNWER conference at Seattle recognizing importance of new inland north south corridors.
- Continuing to build support on both sides of the border.
- Cash $454,000 Jan 2010, grants cycle begins.
- Start up of the LeRoi Community Foundation Sept 2005.
- Significant commitments from other organizations and individuals which are in abeyance subject to the Foundation receiving the tax number.